Search The LHBE

Monday, October 19, 2009

Hello World



My name is Raxxie. My journey is slightly different from many naturals. I've been natural my whole life. As a child I was never allowed to have a perm though my mother had one and swore by it.

I wore braids (extensions) since before I was 6 years old. I can't even imagine how much money was spent to have people braid my hair till I learned to do it myself. Then I learned how to weave. Then I started pressing my hair. So, my hair was either weaved, pressed, or braided all the time. I NEVER left it in its natural state. That bothered me. Why did I have to hide my hair? At the end of 2007 I had almost completely lost my curl due to heat damage and decided to stop the madness. I treated it, and cared for it till I got sick of the straight ends and BCed December 2007.

At the end of 2009 I realized how often I had my hair in box braids and was getting sick of re-doing it all the time. Plus, I lusted after the beauty of dreadlocks and considered them a natural progression in my natural journey, so Oct 12/09 I installed my last set of braids. I'm currently into my locking journey and I LOVE it!



I'm a DIY type of person which is why I'm documenting my braidlock journey for other curious braidlockers! Feel free to come check me out: http://raxxiloxx.blogspot.com/

You can also come and see my fotki: http://public.fotki.com/Raxxie/

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady your hair looks great. Thanks for sharing with us about your hair journey. And if you ever decided to transition into another natual hairstyle. Please do not cut off your braidlocks. Just use the Take Down Remover. It will save all your lovely hair that you have cared for and nurtured.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. The infamous sock bun has been a trend statement that doesn't seem to go out of style. It's simple, chic, and celebrities love to rock it! Here's how to make a sock bun in just a few minutes. You may need to practice a bit at first.
    What You'll Need:
    • A sock (black, brown, or taupe, depending on your hair color)
    • Scissors
    • Bobby pins + Hair tie
    • Hairspray
    • Comb

    1. Cut the toe off the sock and then roll the sock inside out until it forms the shape of a doughnut.

    2. Using a fine-toothed comb or small boar brush, pull your hair back and secure into a high ponytail. You can either slick your hair back tightly or a little loose for a messy high bun.

    3. Pull your ponytail through your newly made sock doughnut. Once all your hair is through, starting from the end of the ponytail (with your sock) begin rolling your hair around the doughnut. It will be an outward rolling motion and you'll be flipping the bottom side of the sock upward using both hands. Don't worry about it looking uneven at first, keep rolling!

    4. Continue until you've reached the base of your ponytail and tuck away any loose ends underneath. Also, if there are any gaps in the bun, gently spread hair out making it more even.

    5. Secure bun with bobby pins, while also pinning loose ends around it. Last, give it a spritz of your Milani “Hold it Right There” Hair Spray (from Level 1-3 depending on your desired hold) and you're ready to go!
    Optional: For a fuller bun, you can gently pull and tease strands from the middle of the bun going outward.
    Servehair offer cheap hair extensions online sale,enjoy shopping with many discounts.

    ReplyDelete